Dare To Be - Masquerade Makeup! (October 20th - November 2nd)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif So i'm a little disappointed that mine turned out like crap because all i have is the regular powdered eyeshadow. I need me some pigments!. lol
I lost interest after i seen that it wasn't going to turn out so i didn't even finish, but here's a picture. I might go buy some Halloween paint and do this again because i really love the idea!.

I'm lso surprised your eyeshadow didn't turn out so well for you :/ Oh well, I do hope you repost with a second go because it does look really good already!
I went out yesterday and picked up some cheapie stuf from Walmart (I know, not exactly MAC), just to start out and see what results I could get, so maybe I can get a chance to play around today with everything. I bought some falsies, some face paint, some powdered eyeshadow, some iridescent lip gloss, and a really nice bright eyeliner pencil. I also bought a N.Y.C. colored mascara in Marooned, but I think it was more because I was like "what, maroon for lashes? Cool!", more than wanting to use it for this actual challenge, lol. I'll take a look at what I have altogether (what I bought and what I already have) and see if it's enough to get this bad boy rolling
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!!! I find it interesting that alot of people say they don't like the voting part of DTB, yet in the last challenge where there was NO voting, less people participated.
This should be really fun!

Your right.For me personally the theme was almost similar with the death dolls theme. So I like this new theme!!

Great entry already by StereoXgirl, it took a lot of time but the result is perfect!

puncturedskirt, colors are a little faded. I like the shape though and you have sexy lips!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, so this took me about 6 hours because I kept taking breaks! lol! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I tried 'coating' it as much as possible but it still wasn't getting any darker. Boo, I'm going to try again though with different makeup/paint.

Miss Pout, this may be your best D2B yet. You did an amazing job!! I love the colors and the design!!! Whoo hoo! I think I'm officially motivated!

What did you use for the gold/copper.

shaundra, oh my, im my wildest dreams i wouldnt have thought of that

its absolutly amazing!

punctured! you started off great i wish you would have finshed plz try again? you dont NEED piggies, just a good base!

miss pout, i love the design!

im so glad you like the theme girls!

Originally Posted by Insensitive. /img/forum/go_quote.gif How did you get the bottom of the picture to fade blue like that without using photoshop??!! its looks so pretty! LOL! That wasn't intentional!
My camera wouldn't stand up on it's own because the lens was too heavy. So I put a box of Crest Whitestrips to prop up the lens of the camera. The box was blue. Since it was out of focus, it made kind of a blue faded effect.
smile.gif

(I need a tripod...lol!)

Originally Posted by bbprincess2147 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Miss Pout, this may be your best D2B yet. You did an amazing job!! I love the colors and the design!!! Whoo hoo! I think I'm officially motivated!
What did you use for the gold/copper.

Thank you
wink.gif
I used "hot cider" from the cover girl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in 260 coffee shop

Originally Posted by MissPout /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you
wink.gif
I used "hot cider" from the cover girl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in 260 coffee shop

Wow, I never would have thought that was CoverGirl!
smile.gif
It's such a pretty color!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL! That wasn't intentional!
My camera wouldn't stand up on it's own because the lens was too heavy. So I put a box of Crest Whitestrips to prop up the lens of the camera. The box was blue. Since it was out of focus, it made kind of a blue faded effect.
smile.gif

(I need a tripod...lol!)

Girl!

You probably have just mastered a trick from proffesional photography!

But i understand that need for a tripod. I saw soem on the tyra banks show that you can make out of a water bottle and this little attatchment. Its only like 8 dollars!

Wow Shaundra, I am floored! That is BEAUTIFUL!
smile.gif

Good job Punctured! I think pigments combined with a good base would make it even more vibrant.

MissPout, that is awesome!
smile.gif

Can't wait to see more.

Punctured- Love the design, you should def. do it again! Plus, you can get some vibrant halloween makeup cheap now, so I say go for it!

Miss Pout- That looks great, I'm lovin the colors as well. Makes me think about the new MAC holiday collections.

I went to the Halloween store and all they have are your basic white, black & red colors!. I'll be getting my makeup that i ordered from cherry tomorrow AND friday so maybe those products will work better!

Heres mines. It was supposed to be a contrast. the red and gold was supposed to be an elegant more vintage masquerade mask while the other was a more modern and cold one. I dont really like it so i'll probably re-do. i had alot of fun!

Before:

mask7.jpg

After:

mask6.jpg

mask5.jpg

mask4.jpg

mask3.jpg

mask2.jpg

Perhaps I will try it out

I do have lots of shimmery colours and some bright ones

i also got some new colours

besides i think i even know the colours i'd like to use