What have you done to your mailman?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's really awesome! I haven't ever even seen my mailperson.... I should stake them out someday to say thanks, because they rubber band my mail together when I have more than one package, and they usually hide it between my front door and screen door.

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had a problem with a mailman until recently.  We just moved into our new home in November.  I made sure I updated all our info with the USPS, got the notifications that the switch had been made, and then waited 
whistling.gif
.......and waited 
whistling.gif
......and waited 
whistling.gif
.  Over 2 weeks had passed and still no mail.  So, my husband left a note in our mailbox asking why we werent getting mail.  Then this appeared from our mail carrier.

So, we fill it out and leave it in our mailbox.  This was the nasty gram that she left for us.....

Alrighty.......you're gonna play that game, huh?  Setting things up with the USPS is not good enough?  Alrighty.  You want the vacant card filled out with names?  This was our response to others mail that was sent to us including junk mail.  Anything that had a name that was not included in our "vacant card" got stamped with this....

And nicely left in our mailbox for the snotty carrier to take back.  Well, she didnt like it and left this note (Our final response is written below)....

The junk mail has stopped but there is also mail that has not been forwarded.  My sister got several birthday cards and christmas cards returned to her as "undeliverable" so I can only imagine what else has failed to reach our door.  Part of me wants to take these correspondence to the post office but honestly, I dont think they'd give a rats butt.  Anyone else have a horrible delivery person?
Super late to this party but OMG!  I would take this in and report her.  If your sister has anything that was returned to her as "undeliverable" I would have her package it up and get it to you by some method other than USPS and take that with you as well and show it to your postmaster and ask why it was undeliverable.  That is ridiculous!

I've never really interacted with my mailman, I do know we have a different one several times a week.

I do feel bad for them though. They must dread delivering to my house. Sometimes they make two trips one with the big packages so they don't lug them all around the neighborhood before coming back to my house since its the second to last to drop off the rest of the mail. I have two big dogs and they go out our front door and several times I got caught up doing something and forgot they were there. Poor mailman left our mail next door.

After reading this thread I'm going to make an effort to get to know my mail man. Last time I did that turned out he was family and we got a new mailman.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lately I have noticed a trend in comments about how we react and treat our mailman, FedEx person, UPS person, etc. Since so many of us have become so close with our mail person because we constantly order beauty products online I thought it might be fun to share some of those stories. Are you two best friends? Does he run in fear when he sees you coming? Do you swap Christmas cards?

Mail service is pretty bad where I live and we had a mailman in the past that only delivered to us every few days, lost utility bills, threw away our mail, etc. Needless to say after many complaints (from me and others) and a lot of proof he was fired. Our new guy delivers everyday and goes out of his way to bring stuff to the door.  He has gotten used to (or at least tolerates) me high tailing it to the mailbox when I see him with packages.  I only know him casually but I have started leaving him cookies and muffins on holidays to thank him for delivering to my door.

I did manage to trip quite unattractively while holding my Ipsy mailer last month and the mailer flew and landed back at his feet. He made a comment about me not wanting my mail while I turned 22 shades of red.
icon_redface.gif

So tell us, what have you done to your mailman?
I don't mean to make light of your situation, but when I read that, I automatically thought of the movie Funny Farm and their awful mail carrier that wouldn't even stop to put mail in their box. He just threw it out the window as he sped down the road, yelling or laughing.

Our driveway is a half mile long and quite treacherous, so we put a box close to the road (but hidden) so our carrier wouldn't have to drive all the way to our house. He's a pretty nice guy, too. I had never thought to leave drinks for them but I'm going to have to do that on particularly hot days. We live in Florida and the heat can be unbearable. All these tales of kindness revive my faith in the goodness of humanity. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I work for the APWU and would gladly have asked her her full name in order to "lose" any grievances ever filed on her behalf!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back