Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, now after seeing swatches I might get this. It'll either be this or Lorac Unzipped.

I'm definitely getting it as well. although.....i don't like the packaging, the front design specifically :/

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm definitely getting it as well. although.....i don't like the packaging, the front design specifically :/
Agreed! (both things that you said)

Random question. what does it mean when someone gives  you reputation on a post. Does that mean someone liked your post? Or does it mean I did something wrong? Just want to make sure i'm not posting things that I shouldn't be posting.

Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Random question. what does it mean when someone gives  you reputation on a post. Does that mean someone liked your post? Or does it mean I did something wrong? Just want to make sure i'm not posting things that I shouldn't be posting.

Thanks
It means someone liked your post.  If you look under neath posts there is a "thumbs up."  When people give you thumbs up it highlights that and puts +1, 2 etc however many people "liked" it.  I think it also contributes to the little hearts under your user name, but I could be wrong about that.  I know that the little hearts correspond to post amounts.  Hope that helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks

It's essentially a combination of things. It can be used as:

• A FB like.
  • Someone giving your props or respect.
  • Someone agreeing with you.
  • Someone thinks your post was helpful.

The bottom line is the more "reputation" you have the more people think you're a helpful member.

Thanks ladies!!

I just want to make sure it's good reputation and not bad reputation!
wink.gif

I really don't understand the hype with these.  They're a pretty good deal for the price, BUT they actually aren't that great with a variety of shades. Don't get me wrong, I have the 1st 2. But I 100% won't be getting the 3rd, I hardly even touch my Naked Palette 1. I love Naked 2, but the 3rd just seems like a lot of pinky shades and ones that are similar to the 1st 2 palettes.  I understand that their Naked palettes are exciting and whatnot, but I think it's more about brand name than it is about an actually good product :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyone agree? PS. I'm saying this mainly to try to persuade MYSELF to not buy the palette haha. I know I don't want it, but I also know I will when it comes out because everyone else is getting it. haha
For me it's about brand name only in that I know I LOVE UD's eyeshadows.--for me at least, it's an excellent product. I have Naked 2 and it's hands down the best purchase I've made since getting into makeup. This looks just different enough from the neutral palettes I already own that I'm having no problem at all justifying it to myself:)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really don't understand the hype with these.  They're a pretty good deal for the price, BUT they actually aren't that great with a variety of shades.

Don't get me wrong, I have the 1st 2. But I 100% won't be getting the 3rd, I hardly even touch my Naked Palette 1. I love Naked 2, but the 3rd just seems like a lot of pinky shades and ones that are similar to the 1st 2 palettes. 

I understand that their Naked palettes are exciting and whatnot, but I think it's more about brand name than it is about an actually good product :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone agree?

PS. I'm saying this mainly to try to persuade MYSELF to not buy the palette haha. I know I don't want it, but I also know I will when it comes out because everyone else is getting it. haha
It took me a long time to purchase a UD palette, and I have only bought the Naked Basics.  I didn't want all the shimmer at my last job. I feel like the UD eyeshadows are better quality.  They are highly pigmented, I don't have to use much to get a great color payoff, they have great staying power, because the color payoff is great, the product itself lasts a long time.  I know you are trying to talk yourself out of it, but I think I will be buying Naked 3.  These colors are more appealing to me than Naked 1 or 2.  

After seeing the swatches I am sold! Not that it was any doubt that I would not get it.  I  am a collector of UD palettes! (still mad I did not get the 15 year anniversary palette!)

Now if they could just get a release date!  And then the decision of where to buy?! Sephora-to make rouge, potentially use the $15 off or 20%, Ulta-currently have $30 in rewards burning a hole in my pocket, or UD-fastest way to get it?  Decisions, decisions!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After seeing the swatches I am sold! Not that it was any doubt that I would not get it.  I  am a collector of UD palettes! (still mad I did not get the 15 year anniversary palette!)

Now if they could just get a release date!  And then the decision of where to buy?! Sephora-to make rouge, potentially use the $15 off or 20%, Ulta-currently have $30 in rewards burning a hole in my pocket, or UD-fastest way to get it?  Decisions, decisions!
All I've heard is December.  I have a call into my connection at a major beauty retailer to see if she knows the exact date, but I haven't heard back yet.  I'll post if I hear anything.  

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  All I've heard is December.  I have a call into my connection at a major beauty retailer to see if she knows the exact date, but I haven't heard back yet.  I'll post if I hear anything.  
Lucky!  Yes, please share any information you get!  I checked out Temptalia and xsparkage today and they just said Available in December at x,y, z.  

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't feel too bad about the anniversary palette, the other day my roommate and I went through all of my UD palettes, and that one has definite dupes even if they have different names in Vice, Vice 2, etc. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Don't feel too bad about the anniversary palette, the other day my roommate and I went through all of my UD palettes, and that one has definite dupes even if they have different names in Vice, Vice 2, etc. 
Thanks for letting me know!  I have Vice, Vice 2, BOS4 redux, Glinda, Theodora, Feminine, Dangerous, Fun, Naked 1 and 2, Ammo and the slivery one with the skull plus and face case from a few years ago.

Hi my name is Jenn and I have an UD palette collection addiction.  It has been 1 month since my last UD purchase.  I am now eyeing UD basics and Naked 3.

OMG!! Can it just come out already!!! It is so beautiful and well since I own all the other naked palettes I just can't wait!!!

I am very firmly anti-neutrals, but after seeing the three different Naked palettes, I realize why: They tend to be more matte and warmer than I feel comfortable with. Pinky-rosey shimmers and metallics? That's more my speed. And my birthday is in January, so I'm thinking that I might pick it up for that. I snagged the Alice in Wonderland palette on my birthday, too. And it makes me feel better about returning this stila metallic shadow that made my eyes itch like crazy: There's more stuff along the same line coming soon-ish!

I'm having an ongoing inner monologue with  myself about this palette.  I LOVE the colors, but how do I justify getting it since I just bought the Laura Mercier 2013 artist palette with all its pinky neutrals.  

Maybe I need to unsubscribe from this thread.  The more I read it , the more i MUST HAVE IT!  

Latest posts

Back