The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have, and it's IS comparable AND waaaay cheaper. I liked it alot when I had it, but I gave up on the MSF's and sold my MSF and my brush. Stupidest thing EVER LoL. I've been yearning for MSF's ever since!

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Naked You is a bit too glittery for my liking. It does help when I use it with Fix+ but it's still too glittery. I don't have the others you mentioned but I do have Porcelain Pink which I LOVE! I'm so hoping Shimpagne is more that texture and I will also be picking up Shooting Star this weekend.
I've heard that Flirt makes a skunk brush that is comparable to MAC's 187 which is great for applying the MSFs. Anyone tried it?

ahs, i'm gonna merge this in the official msf thread because it may help others and just to keep it all together. i hope you don't mind
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer yeah and without. i just think these are soooo overrated. there are SO many other great highlighters out there! What highlighters do you recommend that are better, Jen? I'm looking for a good highlighter! I really want to try MSF's now! Andi always looks gorgeous with shimpagne on! Do you just apply it like a blush? Is the texture creamy? Where does everyone recommend putting it on their face?
I also read on Everyday Minerals blog that they are coming out with a skunk brush like MAC's 187, it is called the Eve 1 brush and it will only be like $16. I think it should be on the website in Aug!! I'm excited to try it!

Originally Posted by Jennifer i didn't like PP! barely showed up on me, so i gave it away, as well.
here's a thread on the brush...

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...ht=flirt+skunk

smile.gif

Thanks for that link!
Hersh, thanks for the swatches, too! Naked You and Shimpagne look soo similar by those swatches. Shimpagne just appears a bit lighter. I'm still wondering about the texture. Can anyone tell me if it's as shimmery as Naked You?

No I don't mind at all! I should have done that to begin with. I didn't even see that the thread had become a sticky! LoL

Originally Posted by Jennifer ahs, i'm gonna merge this in the official msf thread because it may help others and just to keep it all together. i hope you don't mind
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Yes I have, and it IS comparable AND waaaay cheaper. I liked it alot when I had it, but I gave up on the MSF's and sold my MSF and my brush. Stupidest thing EVER LoL. I've been yearning for MSF's ever since! Aww, i'm sorry you did that! I'm glad you're giving them another try. I Really want that Flirt brush now! I looked on Khol's website but didn't see it.
kopfkratz.gif
Where can I get it?

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Aww, i'm sorry you did that! I'm glad you're giving them another try. I Really want that Flirt brush now! I looked on Khol's website but didn't see it.
kopfkratz.gif
Where can I get it? I don't think they have it on the website, but you can get it directly at the store. I only paid $6 for mine, and although I don't have the 187 to compare it to, I use it with my Naked You and regular brushes all the time with no complaints! I say try it and if you hate it, 6 bucks won't break the bank
wink.gif

I have Naked You (with almost NO veining!) and really like it alot. There isn't much glitter in mine at all. I think I am going to get Porcelain Pink this time around. I am so on the fence about it though. I really like the look of Shimpagne, but I don't want to look oily and some have told me that it makes them look shiny. UGH! Decisions, decisions!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne What highlighters do you recommend that are better, Jen? I'm looking for a good highlighter! I really want to try MSF's now! Andi always looks gorgeous with shimpagne on! Do you just apply it like a blush? Is the texture creamy? Where does everyone recommend putting it on their face? i like liquid highlighters (stila's liquid luminizer), my bronzer acts like a highlighter (tarte's park ave princess), and other powders like revlon's skinlights loose powder. i also like just using blushes with shimmer in it. i've heard great things about becca's powders, but they're so expensive
frown.gif
they're GORGEOUS, though!
andi DOES look gorgeous with shimpagne and she's the reason why i'm buying it when it comes out LOL

you can apply it like a blush, yes. i like to add them on, focusing on my cheek bones. i like using an angled blush brush for it. the texture is powdery, if that makes sense. maybe someone could answer that part better than me LOL i can't think of the right word!

i'm not saying this is a bad product and i do love it, but i'm saying, if you (in general) can't seem to get it, don't worry! there are plenty of other highlighters out there.

I'm loving that this thread is now a sticky!!!

But I do have a question(s)???

What do you prefer to use your MSF for?? Highlighter, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow.....So far all I have are Naked You and the new Shimpagne.

I se NY as blush & bronzer (I'm going to try highlighter, eyeshadow soon.)

I haven't gotten to use Shimpagne on a model yet.

Originally Posted by AudreyNicole I don't think they have it on the website, but you can get it directly at the store. I only paid $6 for mine, and although I don't have the 187 to compare it to, I use it with my Naked You and regular brushes all the time with no complaints! I say try it and if you hate it, 6 bucks won't break the bank
wink.gif
Awesome, thanks!

Originally Posted by missjeffrey What do you prefer to use your MSF for?? I use Naked You as a highlighter over my bronzer and Porcelain Pink as a blush.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Awesome, thanks!

I use Naked You as a highlighter over my bronzer and Porcelain Pink as a blush.

Lisa, what is your skin tone? I am an NW20 and want to use PP as a blush, and I have been told it might not show up on me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AudreyNicole Lisa, what is your skin tone? I am an NW20 and want to use PP as a blush, and I have been told it might not show up on me
frown.gif
it most likely won't work for you as a blush, but it'll be gorgeous as an all-over color!

Can some of you girls post a pic of the different MSFs on your face, please? A before & after would help!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AudreyNicole Lisa, what is your skin tone? I am an NW20 and want to use PP as a blush, and I have been told it might not show up on me
frown.gif
I'm an NC35 and it gives a nice, subtle glow to my cheeks.

Originally Posted by Thais Can some of you girls post a pic of the different MSFs on your face, please? A before & after would help!
smile.gif
i'd love to, but i have a raging cold and an eye infection, and my digital doesn't take good close-ups.Not that anyone would want to see me right now anyway
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten i'd love to, but i have a raging cold and an eye infection, and my digital doesn't take good close-ups.Not that anyone would want to see me right now anyway
wink.gif

Awwwwww I hope you get better soon!Have you tried the Macro function for close up pics? It works a lot better.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by missjeffrey What do you prefer to use your MSF for?? Highlighter, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow highlighter/blush. i've never tried it as an eyeshadow. i wanna try petticoat as an eyeshadow, so i think i'll do that tomorrow...

Originally Posted by Thais Can some of you girls post a pic of the different MSFs on your face, please? A before & after would help!
smile.gif
i'll do them soon! hopefully others will, too, so we can compare them on different skintones! i have 2 (gave naked you away this weekend to my cousin, so i don't have that one anymore).

Just thought I'd mention this....The girl at MAC Pro told me Shooting Star is supposed to be like So Ceylon.

smile.gif
Oh yes please!I think Marisol has almost all of them, maybe she can do it.

Marisol ?!?!

I don't really have much to add except to say this is a great idea for a thread. Good on you MissJeffrey for thinking of it!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back