Rudeness at the MAC counter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...........I AGREE with everyone! I would try to get her name if not then def let them know what location it happened at. But def. complain.

I would have put in a complaint about her; sure, she may have been having a bad day, but we all have bad days and most of us wouldn't act the way she did with you.

I love the girls at my MAC counters, they're all really friendly and always offer to help, except one woman (who no longer works there funnily enough) - she was always abrupt whenever she served me, snatching my money off me, throwing my purchases in the carrier bag, huffing and puffing all the time. Maybe she was fired, who knows?

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif You should not let her get away with this!! She was probably rude to other customers as well. Complain to MAC, that is what I would do. I agree with that. I don't know what was in her mind(just being dumped, PMS, etc...) but the way she treated you was arrogant, got to stop it.

Anyways, sorry that happened to you. hope you feel better now.

she's supposed to be selling to the customer...bot driving them away. what a horrible experience!

I have bad days all the time. If I took it out on a patient, I'd no longer have a job. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Complain to someone.

Update...

I spoke to my neighbour last night. I use to talk to her about MAC and she decided to visit the counter about three weeks ago for her first time. The girl who helped her was quite rude and abrasive. She described her outward appearance etc and it was the same girl who was rude to me yesterday.

I received an email from MAC customer service. They plan on contacting the store and apologized for what occured. They are sending me a free gift.

I dont know why, But ive found the majority of MAC workers are quite snotty and uptight, gosh. We're buying from you; BE POLITE DAMNIT

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Even if she was having a bad day that is very unprofessional. I work in a customer service area and I actually feel like when I have bad days, I use it to my advantage and am even friendlier, so I can boost my own mood.
You should call in to mac customer service, if they have a line for stuff like that.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally don't give two shits if this MUA was having a bad day. Everyone has bad days at work all the time, and you alone decide how you are going to act towards people. You definitely need to contact MAC's customer service. There is no reason for her to talk to you like that once...let alone TWICE! In complete agreement...

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would've snapped right back and asked her if she was on the rag?
wink.gif
That requires energy...

That is good that MAC is doing that for you. I do understand that she could have been having a bad day but when at work that is to be checked at the door. If a person can't do their job properly because of personal reasons they they should not have come in to work.

Originally Posted by Phillycheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont know why, But ive found the majority of MAC workers are quite snotty and uptight, gosh. We're buying from you; BE POLITE DAMNIT Really? They treat me like solid gold every time I am there. All of them are super nice, appear to be glad I'm there. ( though they could probably care less ) Perhaps you should try a different MAC store?

That was very very rude of her. I also had a problem at the MAC store here in Japan. The girls who worked there were extremely rude. They ignored me and when I tried to ask a question (Does all Mac store have no price tags? because you literally have to ask the people there what each bloody thing costs.) they looked away. I actually had to repeat the question to get their attention. Really =/ I hate rude people.

Yeah, you shouldn't let her get away with that.

Bad day or not, she has a job and you can't let your personal BS interfere.

That's really rude. I would write to MAC on their website and tell them about your bad experience, exactly like you told us. I had a similar experience with a rude MAC SA who was a complete ***** and made me wait about 20 minutes before helping me. Needless to say I don't shop there often!

We all have bad days, and should rudness ever be acceptable? I'm afraid in the UK it's the norm not the exception. x

Do you want the person to potentially loose their job? the answer to this question is the answer to weather complain or not. x x

Latest posts

Back