NYC Glossybox event

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think it was rude to warrant being blocked. I can understand it being deleted since companies don't want negativity posted however there is a right way in handling things and a wrong way and Glossybox does things the WRONG way.
Mmhmm. They could have used that comment to start a discussion on what customers would like to see at future events or something. I just don't like companies that delete negative comments (unless they are inappropriate or something)...because, as a customer, I want to be able to base my decision on whether or not to patronize a company on honest reviews and experiences. I have a lot of respect for companies that take negative feedback and learn from it.

So a reply was sent to me. It was two parts - one about the wall ban and the second in regards to the refund for June and July. I looked at my Paypal account a short time ago and saw that the payment to Glossybox in July did expire as they never took the payment but a refund for June never was made as I had requested. This is their email to me tonight.

We are sorry that you are dissatisfied with our services. We have looked into your account and it appears that, you never paid for the July box. Your account shows that you owe $21, so we can not refund you for a box that was not paid for. Also, according to your tracking information, your June box was delivered to you on July 3. So we will not be able to refund you for a package that you already received. Also, we have noted on your account that one of our former representatives and our head of social media, sent you several replacement products and boxes. Unfortunately, we will not be able to send you more boxes or refund any orders as you have already received all of these items. Also, we no longer have these products or boxes in stock as July was five months ago. In regards to Facebook, we appreciate feedback from our customers however, it states in our Faq's that if you are frequently spamming our page, that you will be blocked.
I owe THEM $21?! Are they flipping crazy? Here's from the email back in July (7/5/2012).

[SIZE=12pt]From: GLOSSYBOX Contact [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 12:09 PM
To: Zadidoll
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Hello,

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you product arrived damaged. I know how
disappointing that can be. I will make sure to get you a replacement box as
soon as possible. Although your subscription has been canceled and your
July box refunded
I would urge you to consider signing up again we have
amazing this in store for you and your not going to want to miss it. Thank
you for your support as we go through a few growing pains.

Nicole
[/SIZE]
So I cancelled and they refunded my JULY box they're now claiming I owe them $21!!!

AND the claim that I was SPAMMING their wall?! What a fracking joke since I POSTED ONE TIME and took a SCREENSHOT to prove it! Liar, liar Glossybox!

I WAS wrong about the last date I emailed, for the life of me I keep thinking August 28 but it was July 28. My last email to them which they never responded to.

[SIZE=11pt]I originally contacted Glossybox on July 2nd  in regards to obtaining a refund for the July box as at the time I had yet to received my June box. The following day the June box arrived HOWEVER the AHAVA body wash came open leaking all over the other contents and destroying the box. I was told a refund for July would be issued within three to five business days and a replacement box would be sent out. As of July 28 neither has happened and I have yet to receive a replacement for the June box or a refund for the July box. If your company plans on keeping my money than I would at least expect a July box as it has been paid for as of July 2nd. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]On July 26th I posted on your company’s Facebook wall to which someone from your company stated they would contact me yet I have not heard anything from your company. At this point in time, as it is July 28, I’m requesting a refund for both June and July to be issued to my debit card no later than August 1 otherwise I will have to file a dispute with my debit card holder – Paypal – as your company has failed to issue a refund or replace the contents in my June Glossybox. [/SIZE]
They DID eventually send me a replacement for June which arrived damaged. The reason I didn't pursue the matter after not hearing back was because while the box contained the hair mask without a top (top some how came off) the other items in the box - the mascara and First Aid Beauty item - were fine so while it was not the AHAVA body wash (which AHAVA replaced for me at Cosmoprof) I felt, at the time, that those other items in the replacement box made up for the damaged AHAVA body wash. HOWEVER after being banned from their wall for their so-called "spamming" it reopened up the anger I had that I couldn't get a hold of their customer service at all and was ignored. It's not that I want free items but I DO want what I paid for and for the items to arrive NOT DAMAGED. To me it's a matter of principal now because both the original box contained an item that leaked and the replacement box contained an item that leaked PLUS it didn't arrive until several weeks later. If it weren't for them blocking me from their FB wall, which I really don't care if they did or didn't since I unliked their page, I wouldn't be so grumpy about the fact that they never really lived up to my expectations.

The replacement box for June.​

Do I really want a refund? No. It's not about the refund but the fact that they have horrible customer service who thinks they can ignore customers. What I REALLY want is an apology for the items that came damaged, for them not living up to what they promise and now for the ban from their wall which was based on a lie (the claim I was spamming their wall).

Glossybox Canada surprizingly has not banned me...even though I have been a bit of a B!tch on their FB page.....

Sephora banned me though and only thing I said was theere is 3 other stores in the mall that sell the same brands and have bonuses, yet Sephora has no bonuses for Canadians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. They've banned me from posting on their wall.

When I read this I was not at all surprised! Glossybox has been horrible with customer service from the beginning. I'm gonna guess if the name Glossybox wasn't already big and well known from other countries boxes they would be so far in the dumps right now! I cancelled last month and really shocked the cancel went smooth and went thru correctly!

I know it is really silly.

I think I might have also made a comment on how staff was giving out a Clean Start sample kit, but then...no joke they told me they did not have the products in stock and were not sure if they would be getting them.

It was nice to get the samples to try, but odd that they did not know if they would even get the product for sale.

I don't miss shopping at Sephora, even online has been really bad for me.

You can not shop on the US site to send a gift to the US even if your credit card has a US billing address, but my credit card provider is based in Canada (but my bill is sent to the US....Vermont).

I almost gave Sephora a second chance a few weeks ago.

The CANADIAN site shows you can order nail polish, when you get to the shopping cart to pay it says they can not be shipped. And this is ordering from the Canadian site, with a Canadian credit card.

uuuuurrrrgh.......!!

I went to their store to get my birthday gift (yay) and asked about the nail polish online and was told you can order it from the Canadian site.

Stupid me tried again.....nope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quene8106  they

sephora banned you? o_O? I have seen a lot of negative comments on their page and your comment sounds pretty tame.

Glossybox really needs to beg Nicole to come back. Whoever this new CS is needs a new job. She's a flat out rude witch.

Their CS will be their downfall. They f**k up a lot and they do nothing to address it. People will catch on and let their money do the talking. I have a love/hate relationship with them. They better not mess up the man repeller box...she's put her name and reputation on the line. 

The person answering emails for them now is a flat snotty witch. SHE or HE is the reason I am leaving.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their CS will be their downfall. They f**k up a lot and they do nothing to address it. People will catch on and let their money do the talking. I have a love/hate relationship with them. They better not mess up the man repeller box...she's put her name and reputation on the line. 

I purchased the R29/Glossybox Holiday box since it stated there was a 10.15 oz cleansing water in the description.  When I received it the cleansing water was only the 3.13 oz size.  I contacted R29, they said they would forward the issue to Glossybox since they had Glossybox do all the shipping and that I should contact GB too.

I contacted Glossybox and the CS person just stated "No, the box only included the 3.13 oz size."  I sent them my invoice/receipt and a screen shot both showing the 10.15 oz size being included in the box.  Once more my response was, "No, the box you received had the correct size."

I contacted R29 again, attached all my emails and Glossybox's replies, asking them to contact Glossybox totally assuming they would push all responsibility to Glossybox. (I have had issues with Sneakpeek and NoMoreRack).  Surprisingly, the R29 person emailed me saying Glossybox would send me more product.

Glossybox CS sent me an email saying they would send 1 more cleansing water.  I wrote back saying that they should send 2 more which would equal the amount that was originally advertised as being in the box. GB CS wrote back saying ok, and I actually received two more bottles. 

Total kudos goes to R29 for helping out, Glossybox on the other hand, not so much.  Now I am trying to resolve not receiving the December box, shipping shows that the shipping company never received the box.  GB says I need to contact the shipping companies, which I did.  I sent GB the contact info for these people who stated the box never left GB and was never entered into the system.  Supposedly they sent me a box, but I won't believe it til I see it.

And I am still such a sucker that I bought a 2nd Man Repeller box.
sadno.gif

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I purchased the R29/Glossybox Holiday box since it stated there was a 10.15 oz cleansing water in the description.  When I received it the cleansing water was only the 3.13 oz size.  I contacted R29, they said they would forward the issue to Glossybox since they had Glossybox do all the shipping and that I should contact GB too.

I contacted Glossybox and the CS person just stated "No, the box only included the 3.13 oz size."  I sent them my invoice/receipt and a screen shot both showing the 10.15 oz size being included in the box.  Once more my response was, "No, the box you received had the correct size."

I contacted R29 again, attached all my emails and Glossybox's replies, asking them to contact Glossybox totally assuming they would push all responsibility to Glossybox. (I have had issues with Sneakpeek and NoMoreRack).  Surprisingly, the R29 person emailed me saying Glossybox would send me more product.

Glossybox CS sent me an email saying they would send 1 more cleansing water.  I wrote back saying that they should send 2 more which would equal the amount that was originally advertised as being in the box. GB CS wrote back saying ok, and I actually received two more bottles. 

Total kudos goes to R29 for helping out, Glossybox on the other hand, not so much.  Now I am trying to resolve not receiving the December box, shipping shows that the shipping company never received the box.  GB says I need to contact the shipping companies, which I did.  I sent GB the contact info for these people who stated the box never left GB and was never entered into the system.  Supposedly they sent me a box, but I won't believe it til I see it.

And I am still such a sucker that I bought a 2nd Man Repeller box.
sadno.gif
Wow that's amazing from R29! And you're not a sucker...the Man Repeller box is just too great :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry I'm too excited XD

Latest posts

Back