New Music--What's everyone listening to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it Love Song? Because I freaking LOVE that song! You're right though, most of my favorite songs are the ones that have memories attached to them. Love Song is one of them, because it reminds me of my best friend. We used to sing that at the top of our lungs almost every time we were in the car together, which was a lot. 
Of course it was Love Song! Lmao...lordy..but that just gives me chills every time I hear it! I also, am a fan of old school No Doubt. It's crazy when bands grow up and evolve...some do, while some just seem like they sell out lol. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Of course it was Love Song! Lmao...lordy..but that just gives me chills every time I hear it! I also, am a fan of old school No Doubt. It's crazy when bands grow up and evolve...some do, while some just seem like they sell out lol. 
When I was a senior in high school we had a group of 4 guys play this at our Battle of the Bands... needless to say they won. Whenever I hear it I always flashback to that because they played it amazing and it sent shivers down my spine just listening to it.

Quote:Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was a senior in high school we had a group of 4 guys play this at our Battle of the Bands... needless to say they won. Whenever I hear it I always flashback to that because they played it amazing and it sent shivers down my spine just listening to it.

Lol...I had a horrible crush on a much older boy..never said more than "eep" the one time he actually looked in my direction lmao. Anyways, he was in a band and played bass and lead vocal; I thought I was over the moon and my life would be complete and blessed by him after his band played "The Freshmen" by the Verve Pipe.. gah, just remembered that after reading your post!

I LOVE Blitzen Trapper!! Texaco is my fave. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, I never realized how much I like Flo-Rida until recently, but dude makes some catchy damn songs!

I don't know how I feel about the new No Doubt. I am a big old school No Doubt fan, I was obsessed with Tragic Kingdom (my boyfriend and I were actually rocking out to Sunday Morning in the car earlier today, haha)....I want to like the new stuff so much, but I think it's going to take some more listens.
I really like Flo-Rida! And Pitbull. They both seem like they're genuinely having a good time. And I say this non-ironically. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of my favorite artists are...The Decemberists, Andrew Bird, Blitzen Trapper, The Civil Wars, Ellie Goulding, and Matchbox 20. These guys are amazing. Anyways, the drive to school is either silence or pop music since I don't have a way to play my ipod and the cd player is broken, so I hear a lot of what's 'cool' with pop music. Needless to say, I have a few 'guilty pleasures' that I've been listening to.

-We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift

-Give Your Heart A Break- Demi Lovato (this is my new Call Me Maybe)

-Settle Down- No Doubt

-Whistle- Flo Rida
I like your style, lol. All of my tastes are pretty much everyone else's guilty pleasures. I STILL listen to call me maybe when it comes on the radio lol. 

I am anxiously awaiting Taylor's new album. Oct. 22nd can't come fast enough!!! 

I love all kinds of music. top 40, spanish music, country, pop. I have been discovering some great music on Pandora but I am currently loving the new Justin bieber song and nicki Minaj song. AND I Love love love 80s music!!!

I will listen to just about anything. It depends on my mood.Some favorites are Amber Rubarth, Brandi Carlile, Azure Ray, Joshua Radin, Iron & Wine, and some Gym Class Heroes.

My musical taste is all over the place. I listen to Beyonce (despite my better judgment, lol), Brandy, Britney, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Bruno Mars, LMFAO, Madcon, Maroon 5...

Tesla!
Love this band....Tommy was kind of a jerk, but Brian, Frank, and Jeff have always been total sweethearts when I've hung out with them.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My musical taste is all over the place. I listen to Beyonce (despite my better judgment, lol), Brandy, Britney, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Bruno Mars, LMFAO, Madcon, Maroon 5...
Madcon! I get all kinds of ridiculous, prancing around to that song Beggin'! It's on my playlist when I'm getting ready to go out with my friends. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Madcon! I get all kinds of ridiculous, prancing around to that song Beggin'! It's on my playlist when I'm getting ready to go out with my friends. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So many favorites mentioned: Adele, Amy Winehouse, Ellie Goulding, The Civil Wars. Now I'm in a Civil Wars mood, their music is always so relaxing.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love this band....Tommy was kind of a jerk, but Brian, Frank, and Jeff have always been total sweethearts when I've hung out with them.
Um, I am just a bit jealous of you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So many favorites mentioned: Adele, Amy Winehouse, Ellie Goulding, The Civil Wars. Now I'm in a Civil Wars mood, their music is always so relaxing.
It's a good Civil Wars kind of day, or maybe some Mumford and Sons. I live in KC and it's going to be rainy all day, the perfect type of day for happy mellow stuff! Or I might just bust out the vinyl and listen to some Otis Redding. OOOOH, Otis on a rainy day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a good Civil Wars kind of day, or maybe some Mumford and Sons. I live in KC and it's going to be rainy all day, the perfect type of day for happy mellow stuff! Or I might just bust out the vinyl and listen to some Otis Redding. OOOOH, Otis on a rainy day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
All great choices..I blasted some Dropkick Murphys on my ride home from work this morning...I've got the weekend off and the last three nights at work were hellacious! Happy to have some time off again and felt like being loud and boisterous lol..

All great choices..I blasted some Dropkick Murphys on my ride home from work this morning...I've got the weekend off and the last three nights at work were hellacious! Happy to have some time off again and felt like being loud and boisterous lol..
I love some Dropkick Murphys! Some times you just have to rock out, and the car is the most fun place to do that! You can crank it as loud as you want and sing at the top of your lungs! My boyfriend and I were blasting punk covers running errands this morning. Gooood times.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like your style, lol. All of my tastes are pretty much everyone else's guilty pleasures. I STILL listen to call me maybe when it comes on the radio lol. 

I am anxiously awaiting Taylor's new album. Oct. 22nd can't come fast enough!!! 
OH my gosh, do not even get me started on how excited I am for her new album. SOOOO ready for it!

And I still belt out Call Me Maybe like a nut every time I hear it, lol. 

Um, I am just a bit jealous of you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Don't be. They are really sweet guys, but weren't anything, you know, EPIC, and it's not like we wound up buddies or anything--it's not as if they'd remember me, you know? (Other bands, yeah, but not Tesla....we only hung out three or four times) *shrug*

Wait, no, Brian MIGHT remember me, since we had some mutual friends.

I love some Dropkick Murphys! Some times you just have to rock out, and the car is the most fun place to do that! You can crank it as loud as you want and sing at the top of your lungs! My boyfriend and I were blasting punk covers running errands this morning. Gooood times.
Lol, yep. I remember seeing them in concert, which was kick a**! Best part, it's my dad's cd, not mine lol. I was surprised to hear he even knew who they were, let alone listened to them!

Lol, yep. I remember seeing them in concert, which was kick a**! Best part, it's my dad's cd, not mine lol. I was surprised to hear he even knew who they were, let alone listened to them!
Ha! That's awesome! I was supposed to see them at the Warped Tour in '05, but they were one of the last bands to play, and I got heat stroke and had to leave. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was so bummed. That was when I was super into Fall Out Boy too, and I remember sitting in the med tent and hearing them playing in the distance, and being so bummed out! BUT, I did get to see the Offspring and MXPX and The All-American Rejects, OOH and the Transplants, so it was all in all a good day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got to meet AAR, and Tyson told me I was cool *swoooooon*. Made my whole life.

Back