Hey Fashionistas! Willing to help me out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually have a pair of "Not Your Daughter" and they are comfortable as all heck....
Yup, and one of my good friends despite only being in her 20s loves them now that I convinced her to try them. The rise is higher on them and they are still fashionable, without giving up fit and comfort.

This conversation has had me in Pinterest all afternoon picking up more styles I like. LOL

Okay, I couldn't stay out of this thread any longer. When I first started looking I was on my phone and needed to see what I was looking at. I do a bit of work as a personal stylist and I would suggest that you look around in your area and see what's up with the stylist scene in yours area. You may have some that only charge $20 per hour and it would be a well investment to spend just a few hours with one. I have some clients I just work with whenever the seasons change. I go to their house and we get that closet cleaned out then we go shopping for the keepers or I pull stuff for them. Here's my take on your style, First off you have a beautiful skin tone and would look amazing in orange, yellows blue greens. Never try to follow trends that you have to go with looks based on what YOU feel comfortable in. When you feel good in something you look good. For the jewelry you posted from your LBB I would suggest something yellow, blue, green orange or beige. You could wear a white tank (of sorts) with a beige or white blazer with it to make it pop. I have so many questions. So many things matter like if you are going to work or if you are top heavy etc.....  You seem to have brown hair and brown eyes so you don't need to wear anything brown unless you have some color to offset the brown drown out lol!

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I couldn't stay out of this thread any longer. When I first started looking I was on my phone and needed to see what I was looking at. I do a bit of work as a personal stylist and I would suggest that you look around in your area and see what's up with the stylist scene in yours area. You may have some that only charge $20 per hour and it would be a well investment to spend just a few hours with one. I have some clients I just work with whenever the seasons change. I go to their house and we get that closet cleaned out then we go shopping for the keepers or I pull stuff for them. Here's my take on your style, First off you have a beautiful skin tone and would look amazing in orange, yellows blue greens. Never try to follow trends that you have to go with looks based on what YOU feel comfortable in. When you feel good in something you look good. For the jewelry you posted from your LBB I would suggest something yellow, blue, green orange or beige. You could wear a white tank (of sorts) with a beige or white blazer with it to make it pop. I have so many questions. So many things matter like if you are going to work or if you are top heavy etc.....  You seem to have brown hair and brown eyes so you don't need to wear anything brown unless you have some color to offset the brown drown out lol!
Thanks for the tips! I always thought orange washed me out but I may have to play with it again and see how it goes.

I really look good in jewel tones (Red with blue undertones, emerald greens, etc etc) I do have dark brown hair, so dark that most think its black at first glimpse but when I go in the sun, you can really see its brown. I do have brown eyes that are non-specific, just brown eyes. I would not say I am top heavy, I'm pretty evenly distributed except for my backside. While I am not hippy, I do have junk the trunk. I'm 5' 3" and I have a broad frame.

I have the luxury of working from home but I do have meetings once a week so having something that is easy to wear, comfortable and yet still lends itself to my addiction to sassy/funky shoes while still meeting the business casual environment would be ideal. The cherry on top would be having outfits that could go from the office to dinner with the significant other.

The jewelry I posted is something I saw with the beige/white ensemble, kind of beachy feel. An outfit I have been dying to create for myself cause I think it is very easy and carefree.

Does any of that make sense? LOL

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, these shoes!

So Nordstrom has these on sale for $33.90 and they have my size in stock online! I need to figure out if I'd actually wear them though, since I've got a closet full of sandals/wedges/heels that are currently neglected (including at least 4 pairs of heels and 1 pair of wedges that I have NEVER worn).

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So Nordstrom has these on sale for $33.90 and they have my size in stock online! I need to figure out if I'd actually wear them though, since I've got a closet full of sandals/wedges/heels that are currently neglected (including at least 4 pairs of heels and 1 pair of wedges that I have NEVER worn).
That just sacrilegious! You should send them to me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had my consult today and I. Had. A. Blast! I absolutely love Crissy, she is so my kind of woman.

Here are some of the outfits I put together from the collection she built for me:

This is probably my fave outfit of all of them. It was kind of unexpected and even Crissy was surprised, it wasn't a match she had made out of the inventory yet. I wish I had gotten an up close picture of the necklace. It was GORGEOUS but here it is from the website.

I was so not sure about this outfit but I really liked how it turned out! The pic looks like the shirt is yellow but it is really more of a green yellow.

And another outfit I really liked! I wanted to remember what the side looked like which is why I have my arm out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And NYD jeans are FREAKING AWESOME! The denim shorts and long jeans I am wearing are from that label and I have never felt so awesome in a pair of jeans then I have in these! OMG, I *have* to get a couple pairs, no question about that!

Thank you, Playedinloops. for the suggestions, I would have never done any of this if it hadn't been for you!!! 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She did a good job you look comfy and the colors look great with your skin tone.
She really knocked it out of the park, I was so comfortable in everything. Even more so than my own jeans LOL

Yay!! I love love love those outfits on you!! Did she suggest not your daughter's or did you ask for them? Everyone I know who tries them loves them, and never realizes what a great fit they can be!! They were on hautelook the other day and my mom bought 5 pairs, lol.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!! I love love love those outfits on you!! Did she suggest not your daughter's or did you ask for them? Everyone I know who tries them loves them, and never realizes what a great fit they can be!! They were on hautelook the other day and my mom bought 5 pairs, lol.
I didn't even know I was wearing them until I mentioned how I had never had jeans fit me like that before and she said they were NYD jeans. I started laughing and told her that you had suggested I try these on. They were really awesome!

If you need fashion advice, you came to the right place!  Here's what I recommend:

Work:  Wear a simple but modern dress. Depending on your body shape, you may want to do some research about what styles would work best for you.  I don't know what shape you are, but here is a dress I found that you could wear that jewelry with.  I like it in Natural, but if you find a similar style, I think a brown one would go well.

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi28664&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat80018&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008

Weekend:  For bopping around on the weekend, go for comfort.  I think I would wear a simple white tee (because everyone has one) and a cute fedora.  Then you throw on some jeans and a cute bag and you're good to go!

A night out:  When you're out on the town with your girlfriends, I would wear an edgy brown leather jacket (with that white tee again) and some skinny jeans.  Add some cute wedges and a clutch and you're guaranteed to be the best dressed.

If you ever have any style-related questions feel free to PM me!  I am seriously considering going into the fashion industry someday.  Have you ever heard of the show What Not To Wear?  They often have girls on the show who have recently lost a lot of weight and want to change their image.  I think Stacy and Clinton's tips could help you. 

Good luck girl!  I'd love to help you out again if you need anything!

I did my usual JCPenny shopping today. I had some reward certificates to burn so I tried to replicate the outfit with the BRIGHT shirt from last week. I managed to get 3 outfits for the price of one. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got one pair of dark denim capris (in size 16!! OMG!!), 1 multi colored belt (all I own is my thick brown belt), white tank, red tank, blue speghetti tank and the yellow shirt. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back