Hey Fashionistas! Willing to help me out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always wanted to meet Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear. They are my style gods. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've shopped at Macys quite a bit and never heard of the personal shopper. How do you go about getting one?
I'm not sure that every macy's has one, but when I worked at macy's we did. She worked out of a separate fitting room that only  her clients used. Here is some info I found on their website: http://www1.macys.com/campaign/social?campaign_id=180&channel_id=1

Looks like you just need to make an appointment! 

I have always wanted to meet Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear. They are my style gods. 
Haha, me too! But I don't want them to take EVERYTHING from my closet. I'd probably hide some stuff somewhere, like at my parents house.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't like pictures due to keeping anonymity.

I'm  5'9.5." I have wide hips (holy crap I just measured them and they are 40" which means I have put on 2" this year) and big boobs (G), but a small rib cage (30" but I wear a 32). Thanks to my boobs I can't wear most shirts/tops because they end up being too short. My approximate inseam is 32". My weight fluctuates, and one day a size 10 shorts will fit perfectly, but the next a 15 would be too small. My posture is atrocious and if I'm honest, right now I've got a decent beer (and soda, bread, candy) belly going on too. Ugh, measuring myself makes me feel ashamed and gross.

I should mention that I may or may not be a member of the body dysmorphia committee.
Ok, so your body sounds similar-ish to mine, in the big boobs, tallish way, only your's is more extreme. What is your personal style like? If you like dresses and are on a budget, Target usually has some awesome things. I'm actually thinking of the perfect dress for you from asos.com...let me look and see if it's available. 

If tops are more your thing, I would check out Macy's INC line, like I recommended to Pancua, if you haven't yet. Let me search around nordstrom.com, too. 

I want to be them, lol. I "what not to wear" my friends on a regular basis, and they end up loving me for it. I wish I could show you before and after pics of them without feeling like a total creep, hah.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't like pictures due to keeping anonymity.

I'm  5'9.5." I have wide hips (holy crap I just measured them and they are 40" which means I have put on 2" this year) and big boobs (G), but a small rib cage (30" but I wear a 32). Thanks to my boobs I can't wear most shirts/tops because they end up being too short. My approximate inseam is 32". My weight fluctuates, and one day a size 10 shorts will fit perfectly, but the next a 15 would be too small. My posture is atrocious and if I'm honest, right now I've got a decent beer (and soda, bread, candy) belly going on too. Ugh, measuring myself makes me feel ashamed and gross.

I should mention that I may or may not be a member of the body dysmorphia committee.
Ok, so your body sounds similar-ish to mine, in the big boobs, tallish way, only your's is more extreme. What is your personal style like? If you like dresses and are on a budget, Target usually has some awesome things. I'm actually thinking of the perfect dress for you from asos.com...let me look and see if it's available. 

If tops are more your thing, I would check out Macy's INC line, like I recommended to Pancua, if you haven't yet. Let me search around nordstrom.com, too. 

I've only ever found 1 dress that looks good on me. It was from Kohl's and I believe Candies is the brand. Too bad it's a size 7 and although I can still zip it, I look like a giant sausage in it and if I even bend down a little my butt would show. Similar to this one:

Right now I wear shorts and tank tops or jeans (usually skinny or bootcut, even though I probably shouldn't) and a t-shirt.

I WISH I could wear stuff like what HelloLeilani posted in the LBB thread.

I want to be them, lol. I "what not to wear" my friends on a regular basis, and they end up loving me for it. I wish I could show you before and after pics of them without feeling like a total creep, hah.
The ironic thing is I can dress my friends, do their hair and make up and they look like a million bucks.

Though I think that has more to do with the fact that my friends are all very beautiful people while I'm just kinda meh. Hard to dress something that makes clothes look bad LOL

I'm not sure that every macy's has one, but when I worked at macy's we did. She worked out of a separate fitting room that only  her clients used. Here is some info I found on their website: http://www1.macys.com/campaign/social?campaign_id=180&channel_id=1

Looks like you just need to make an appointment! 
Cool, sent an appt request. Let's see what they say!

Yeah I like high necklines because I have an ugly huge tattoo on my sternum that I've been in the process of having removed (11 sessions so far! but I haven't been since November) that I like to keep hidden.

I don't know how I feel about that dress though. If I could see/feel it in person I might like it.

I do have a shirt from INC. Wow, it's actually around 6 years old and still holds up. It's green and shiny, and long enough to hit my hips even though it claims to be a petite top.

Yeah I like high necklines because I have an ugly huge tattoo on my sternum that I've been in the process of having removed (11 sessions so far! but I haven't been since November) that I like to keep hidden.

I don't know how I feel about that dress though. If I could see/feel it in person I might like it.

I do have a shirt from INC. Wow, it's actually around 6 years old and still holds up. It's green and shiny, and long enough to hit my hips even though it claims to be a petite top.
Yes! A lot of INC's tops are more "tunic" tops, so they are longer. If you find those you can always belt them under your boobs to accentuate the smallest part of your body, and they will fall to your hips because they are long. 

Definitely check out asos.com for dresses, they are british but you can order in american sizes, and they have some really pretty things. Oh, and shipping and returns are free! 

Heard back from Macy's, the service is not available here. Of course!

I dont know why I didnt think of this before. Here is my Pinterest with examples of the styles I like and would like to adopt.
Ok, so based on that, I'm seeing tailored jeans, muted colors, and sassy shoes? 

Have you tried not your daughter's jeans? I believe they make them in petites, and based on the pics I've see of you, I think they'd be ideal. 

Yeah, I am all about the shoes. I have not tried those jeans, I see a trip to Nordstroms in my future. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, these shoes!

Yeah, those are awesome. I have some that are similar but in metallic colors. So comfortable!

I actually have a pair of "Not Your Daughter" and they are comfortable as all heck....

Latest posts

Back