Black nailpolish?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black nail polish can look amazing on the right person. Unfortunately I am not that person.

I don't think it works on me either, I have longer-than-average nails and haven't found a great black polish yet... but I love how it looks on some! It definitely can look trashy though; I wonder how it'd look if done at a salon.
smile.gif

I like the way black nail polish looks even though I've never tried it. I think it looks best when the nails are short.

I've wore it a few times and I kind of like it. My BF likes it so that's why I wear it.
smile.gif

I like it on short nails, but it has to be "perfectly" applied and neat.

I actually prefer a greyed black like My Private Jet or Lippmans Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

On the average (looking back), I guess I wear black nail polish on my feet about twice a year. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Red = about a quarter of a year... Neutral shades = about half the time
smile.gif

I went thru a black polish phase this fall/winter. I like it. I think its different & I do it when I want a change. Usually I have French on & sometimes I get tired of it & I'll do the black. Cuz I'm a rebel like that.
wink.gif

I think it looks great, but like others have said, well kept nails are a must as is perfect application!

Depending on skin colour, dark purples/blues/reds/chocolates may be better as they can look softer.

Attitude is everything! looking trashy, well, looks trashy
smile.gif
looking chic is looks chic!

I like black polish because it works with my look and attitude.

I don't like it on that girls that wear it only because it's "trendy", you know that girls all dressed in pink and "girly" things with black nails that completely clash with their look, but hey, everyone can do wathever they want
wink.gif
!

BTW I prefer it on short nails.

Originally Posted by breathless /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think black nail polish can be sexy, sofisticated, or goth. but, it depends on your mood and personality. i like it. GMTA!

i love it! just not all the time. i think it's starting to go out a lil bit now that spring is rolling around.

I love dark nail polish. Right now I have on a very deep purple/almost black. I think the key is to make it look really glamorous as opposed to 'I just threw this on two months ago and still haven't fixed it'. I think it looks great with lots of top coat for a really glossy finish and perfectly shaped and manicured nails.I actually like wearing black polish with more girlie/classy outfits, it makes everything a little more edgy. Very glam-rock to me
smile.gif

In my opinion all the dark colors look good only on short (or medium) nails. Black, long nails - no way!

Latest posts

Back