Beauty Sage??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhh, I wish I was joking. I wish. It was years ago, but I still remember it clearly in my mind because that was the moment I decided he was a total loon lol. I still watch his show occasionally, but I don't take any of his advice seriously. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please tell me you are joking about this. Please. Be. Joking.

That is crazy old lady talk, not doctor talk!
LMAO you guys made me choke on my own spit! dont ask 
icon_redface.gif

Dr. Oz annoys me, too.  He's always putting his audience "helpers" in white doctor jackets to quiz them. Really?  Knock it off already.
kopfkratz.gif

Wow. Lots of Oz hating here!  He can get a little worked up, but his basic premise is good and I like that he gives natural solutions to problems instead of medicine, medicine.  He advocates a healthy lifestyle.  Anyway, his site is open.  Spend $30 & get a sample kit.  I like the fact that the products are organic and natural.  I'm just not sure on the items there.  For example, they have RMS beauty for makeup, and I don't see great reviews on the products in general.  They are organic, which is great.  But as much as I love the idea of it, I don't think most stack up to the stuff that isn't organic.  It would be great if they did, but I don't think they do.  Any thoughts from folks would be good.

After ripping on Dr. Oz, I ended up ordering anyway:) Here is what I received.  The top photo is the extra goodie sample box (argon oil, 21 drops brand tiny oil sample, shea terra body butter, one love organics skin savior, and an herbal bath sachet)  Nice extras but other than the she terra which is 1 ounce, the samples are very small.

Thanks for posting. So curious. Nice to see organic stuff, but how awesome are products?

Originally Posted by Missyrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting. So curious. Nice to see organic stuff, but how awesome are products?
I just received the package today.  I will let you know after I try them out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, here's my quick review:

The Beecology body washes are ok.  They smell really nice but the consistency is a little thin.  I like my body washes to be thicker so they hang out in the puffy puff scrubber and lather up a bit more.  The mints are pretty chalky with a little bit of a medicine after taste but they are supposed to have little herbal energy boosters (although even after consuming more than the serving suggestion,lol, I did not notice any increased energy level).  I haven't cracked open the balm yet since I have a few more to finish first.

As far as the free samples, I am wowed by the one love organics balm.  It smells and feels awesome so I will definitely repurchase it.  The Shea Terra body butter is also really nice with a delightful texture and scent.  I did not care for the odor of the 21 drops oil sample, and I gave it two tries on separate days.  It smelled like rubber?!?  I haven't tried the bath or argon oil packet yet.

The items were packaged nicely and shipped out very quickly.  I might reorder in the future if Sage continues to offer the special freebies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also ordered some products and got the gift box w/purchase.  Shipping was prompt, the items were nicely wrapped, no complaints.  I like the Shea Terra whipped butters, the 21 drops smells like straw to me (but the smell goes away quickly and it's supposed to still have a stress relieving effect).  I've yet to try the other items, but they seem quite nice.

The items that I purchased were the bayberry naturals charcoal facial cleanser and a Shea Terra eye oil.  I'm still reviewing those, but so far so good.  I hope the number of brands expands, but overall I like the concept of featuring products that have passed a certain level of scrutiny.  For example, they have chemists that test products to see if they contain what they claim to, are organic, etc.

(blog link deleted per rules: Please read our Terms of Service for information on signatures)

They now have these sample boxes avaliable for 5 bucks! in case anyone is interested!

I thought about getting one, but shipping is $7.95, and that box isn't worth $12.95 to me.  I do LOVE the One Love Organics Skin Saviour balm that they give a sample of, and it is quite expensive for a full size product, but the only other thing I would be interested in is the Shea Terra.

I'm considering getting the Shea Terra Black Soap cleanser, especially since Beauty Sage sent me a 25% off code.  However, the shipping cost is making me hesitate, and I'm not sure I want to spend $50 to avoid the shipping costs.  Decisions, decisions.

Lulubelle107-

Shea Terra's website has a special during the first half of each month where they have 30% off coupon.  Shipping is $6.95 up to  $99 then free. It would be a little cheaper for the cleanser, unless you wanted the $5 sample box from Beauty Sage.

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lulubelle107-

Shea Terra's website has a special during the first half of each month where they have 30% off coupon.  Shipping is $6.95 up to  $99 then free. It would be a little cheaper for the cleanser, unless you wanted the $5 sample box from Beauty Sage.
Thanks PaulaG!  The Shea Terra website deal sounds better, I'll go with it.

there is a code 5offsample now so since the boxes are 5 bucks you would only be paying for the shipping!

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there is a code 5offsample now so since the boxes are 5 bucks you would only be paying for the shipping!
But the shipping is $7.95. That is pretty expensive.

Back