Beauty Box 5 - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my tracking email and it looks like they shipped the boxes out on May 15. Mine is in another city so I might get it on Saturday. I already cancelled but didn't know their policy and got charged for May. 

I hope this month is better but we'll see.

I got my tracking # yesterday too. This will be my third and final box. I canceled after last month's box, but had already been charged for May.

Hopefully, this box will be better than just packets. March's box, although not thrilling, was not a bad box.

I'm too lazy to start a new thread so I'll post what I got here:

Very underwhelming. This is my last bag I cancelled a month ago and I don't regret it. $12 for THIS box is too much.

I thought the lotion smelled good but I put it on and it smelled like those cherry flavored liquid cough syrup. That was pretty gag inducing once I realized what the smell was. Everything is pretty unuseable for me. 

I think this box would be better for older women...

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very underwhelming. This is my last bag I cancelled a month ago and I don't regret it. $12 for THIS box is too much.

I thought the lotion smelled good but I put it on and it smelled like those cherry flavored liquid cough syrup. That was pretty gag inducing once I realized what the smell was. Everything is pretty unuseable for me. 

Wow.  Even though the stuff looks better than last month's, you would think that they would step up their game a bit after all of the backlash from last month.  So glad I cancelled

That box is pretty underwhelming. Glad I cancelled when I did. They need to step up their game, otherwise they'll get totally lost and forgotten in this giant sea of beauty subscription boxes.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, not the best...but I've been in love with its a 10! for a good 5 years, so I'm excited they were included in a box! 

frown.gif
  Glad I canceled. Doesn't look much better than last month's.

lmao!!  I posted on their FB page that I bet the It's a 10 is in a one time use satchet!  I was totally right!!  They'll probably delete that comment soon....after they realize I was being facetious.  So they couldn't even send out a 2 oz bottle of the spray conditioner or a little jar of the hair mask?  I mean, ULTA was giving those out during their grand opening in my city last year.  I can't believe they couldn't even secure that from the company.  I also thought BB5 sends out at least one full size product.  Is the tree hut the full size product?  I am very sensitive to smells, so I'm guessing I won't be able to use it.  I guess I'll just put it up for trade...I also have the rosebud balm from the box up for trade, so if anyone is interested please message me (I can't use anything with petroleum in it).
But seriously, ewww... this Beauty Box 5 is the absolute WORST beauty box there is that isn't in the "scam" category (because I mean, at least they ship out stuff on time although their customer service is absolute crap). Any company that has to delete negative comments from people on their FB is just bad news to me. It almost seems like they are trying to cover up or hide something  I paid for 3 months because it was only $30 instead of $12 for each box, and I am soooo sorry I ever did!!  I did cancel before they could bill me for another 3 months...at least I hope they aren't going to try that because I will be livid.  They couldn't even try to include any makeup - - lovely.
I think I categorize the first box they sent me as the best -- with those near expired weleda samples and that lavera brown eye pencil (which I actually loved--I think it had a $16-20 value or something so that kind of paid for those 3 months of crap received).

I got the same box and the Evie Evan (or however you spell it), the soothing masque, is the full-size product, worth $12.00. I called the company to confirm that.

I am confused as to why I got two boxes this month and I cancelled last month, I wonder if it was because I complained....I have to check to see if I was charged. In any event, still alot of foil samples so I will remain cancelled, not impressed although I love the way the shea body butter smells! Maybe if I combine both boxes of samples for the hair I will have enough product for one application :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have lots of hair but the product contained in the sample foil would cover 1/4 of it. I wonder why they keep sending the foils, yuck!

Back