My photo showed up in someone elses you tube movie??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm with you on this one, karren! i just don't like the idea of someone using my likeness without my permission.

Unfortunately, if you post pictures on the internet, people can rightfully use them. It's not illegal.

Yes Karren you do look beautiful in this photo-but who is to say what they will do later-and it might not be flattering. That is an invasion of privacy. I would raise mortal hell.

Personnally I would sit back and enjoy. Nothing much else worth while that I could do after all.

Originally Posted by love2482 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Unfortunately, if you post pictures on the internet, people can rightfully use them. It's not illegal. Actually, I'm pretty sure that legally they have to have your permission to use your images.
I attended a teaching technologies class a few years ago and we had to create a webpage, but we were required to get permission (and provide documentation...such as e-mail correspondence) for any pictures we used from the internet.

Originally Posted by love2482 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Unfortunately, if you post pictures on the internet, people can rightfully use them. It's not illegal. Look up to Aprill's post (here).

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Actually, I'm pretty sure that legally they have to have your permission to use your images.
I attended a teaching technologies class a few years ago and we had to create a webpage, but we were required to get permission (and provide documentation...such as e-mail correspondence) for any pictures we used from the internet.

i never got a specific class on this, but yes, they have to ask permission first. i'd be so pissed !

Thanks for all the compliments.. I'm flattered... Guess if you take enough photos one of them has to turn out good? Hahaha. I'm going to contact the owner but to do that I have to sign up on YT it appears.. I've shyed away from YT for privacy reason because the kids go there a lot.. I try not to cross paths with them online.. But we'll see what happens.. From looking at this persons other movies (15 I think) they are all full of T girls.. So he or she has an infatuation I think!! Lol..

I've had requests from sites for photo graphs before and most were ok.. Some were down right wierd!! The strangest one was from a German womans leg lovers yahoo group.. A fetish site.. And appearently they were having a hard time finding enough photos of German women's legs.. So they contacted me and wanted to know if I would let them have some of my photos.. Just of my legs!! Go figure!! Hahaha.. The site has since closed down..

Karren,

I think Aquilah and Aprill did lay out a good measure to take if you are bothered by the unauthorized use of your photo. The good thing about it is now (depending on how you look at it), you're a YouTube star!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren,
The good thing about it is now (depending on how you look at it), you're a YouTube star!
biggrin.gif

Yea!! As long as it. Doesn't end up on the Jerry Springer show or one of those nightly new pieces.... "Perverts on Parade" And the family is setting around watching the TV... "That girl looks awfully famaliar!" Hahahah

Originally Posted by Maja /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree. Well, if you want it removed, then I'd contact YT about it. If it doesn't bother you too much, then maybe contact the member, let them know you're honored they used your pic, but wish they would've found a way to contact you about it.
big second on that one

I'm with April on this one. It's your call though. Nice pic too! LOL!! Now we have a star in our midst!

I think you should contact the creator of the movie first? Maybe you can talk this out.
smile.gif
If trouble happened, then report it to the YT admins or something. However, I think it's okay, even if I haven't seen it, since people here say that you look good in the photo and the video isn't insulting.
biggrin.gif

lol that was a good pic of you

but they had no right to put you in there without permission

you should tell an admin or at least adress the poster

Latest posts

Back