Help me appear more feminine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder how you would look as a deep strawberry blonde.
I was thinking that, too (or rose gold). Just a little more...depth...than the current shade.

I like the color you have in the avatar picture (the one beside your postings), it looks like a light brown/dark blonde. I don't know if it's the same color but just the lighting though? I also think the way you are styling your hair in the photos you uploaded is a good idea, the way it curves around your face hides the squarish jawline. That's what you are talking about when you said rounder looks more feminine...and squarer looks more masculine. It's not the thin face that looks masculine, lots of women have thin faces after all.

I agree with watching youtube videos for tips. Look up contouring videos. Also, I love Goss Makeup Artist, he does the best videos and gets right to the point, so you aren't wasting your time listening to blather. I'm sure others have favorite videos/makeup gurus they could recommend too, if you would like that.

You are beautiful! And I had to go back to the beginning of your post to see if I understood you correctly about the MTF cuz I didn't see one bit of M!!  Your brows are great! Filling them in, and that will bring out your beautiful eyes even more.

You are a fabulous blonde. How about some lowlights? Gosh, I color, highlight, lowlight my hair and I know what you mean by drying it out. Oh, and not to mention the blow dryer and iron, if I use that! I have been using Macadamia Oil and it is awesome!!!

I agree with the girls above, you should go darker with your hair. Maybe a light to medium brown. It will really bring out your eyes & will compliment your skin tone. Filling in your brows, will help as well. Since you said your eyes are your best feature, i think browns/grays would look good on your eyes, & high volume lashes. A little blush, a nude lipgloss, & wah lah. :] 

Hope this helped! :]

I voted 'it works'. I don't think changing your hair colour alters your femininity. You have lovely eyes when you smile so try and draw attention to that feature! Also, when straightening your hair, try to just straighten the parts that need straightening. I tend to only go very lightly over my roots because my hair is very flat. I think you look lovely anyway!

You are gorgeous! And you look like Claire Danes when you smile:) I would love to see you with some lowlights(It will help the damage too). My best makeup advice is watch youtube. There are a ton of tutorials out there on everything. I would watch videos on contouring, sculpting and highlighting. You can really learn how to play up your best features and downplay those you dislike. I have a ginormous forehead so I contour everyday to make it seem smaller:) You could also watch videos on the no-makeup makeup look..haha its way more difficult than it seems:) Man I wish i could come do your makeup! You have so much to work with. Good luck babe and I can't wait to see pictures!

Originally Posted by lindsaykeke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It definitely takes practice.  When I first started doing winged eyeliner, it would take me forever to get the shape right, but now I can do it in one stroke.  I have similar eyes to you.  Mine are somewhat hooded, so when I open my eyes they are mostly covered.  I start my eyeliner about 1/4 of the way from the inner corner of my eye, and I make it thicker just past the actual high point of my eyes, which gives my eyes a totally different shape.  I don't know of that makes sense..but basically it just took a lot of trial and error to find a technique that enhanced my eyes the way I wanted.  If you don't like using pencil or liquid, there's also gel eyeliner.  A push liner brush is easy to use...it's a square brush and you just push it into eye shadow, gel eyeliner, or cream eyeshadow, and then just push it onto your lash line one little section at a time.  It's much easier than trying to draw a line in one stroke.

You said you don't want to be caked in makeup, but how much time would you have to spend on makeup?  Or are you just wanting to learn makeup techniques in general?  You already have really nice skin, which is where most people have to spend quite a bit of time covering imperfections.  
Ooh huge second on gel eyeliner..its the only thing I like. Essence(at Ulta) sells gel liner in little pots for about 4 bucks and its friggin awesome:) I would grab that and the E.L.F angled liner brush from target and go to town with your mirror

I'm a girl and we almost have the same chin.. I've found that dark, wavy hair usually do the trick. Curls can instantly give you a soft, feminine look. The transformation can be amazing. You should give it a try. Good luck! 

You are gorgeous as either sex, honestly. I think that you should stay blonde! If you go dark then that will highlight your overall face shape which is the more manly of your features, particularly your chin. I say, focus on your eyes to draw attention to them and wear a nice pinkish/nude lipgloss, also a coral type blush would be perfect on you. Frankly, I think you look a lot like Gweneth Paltrow!

[SIZE=10pt]You're very pretty![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I'm a firm believer that hot rollers are a good investment and it would help your hair to frame your face beautifully without causing much damage.  Another thing I believe in is getting your eyebrows shaped professionally every few months and maintaining the shape yourself in between (I go to Merle Norman for $10 every 3-4 months).  Another styling tool that does little damage is foam rollers... very budget friendly.  Mine are from Goody and create crazy curls that last with minimal product applied.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For your hair, I would add some low lights, especially around your face; they would create a little contrast between your fair hair and fair skin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I think you would look great with a 1940's look, along the lines of top-lined lashes, nude shadow and red lip (or a natural rosey colour or a pink gloss); a highlighter and some light contouring through your nose and cheeks.  I like using a highlighter from MAC as a shadow base with either a powder or pencil liner at the lash line.  I've also recently started using a chamagne coloured pencil on my bottom lashes as it's less harsh than white on me and it really helps your eyes to pop.  MUFE has one (23L, I think) and Temptalia just posted about a similar one from Milani.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Essence makes some awesome products, I actually like their nude lip colour more than my MAC ones!  Their kohl liner is really good as well; applied overtop an eyeshadow it doesn't move.[/SIZE]

I think you look great!  Deff play up your eyes and your blessed long lashes (jealous).  Also in the last pic of you in the hoodie your eye brows look more defined I think that helps out a lot.

Wow, okay so... Lemme say, first off, I have a terrible attention span, so I just looked at the pictures first without reading... 

And I was like "Seriously?  This girl is already beautiful and feminine and so delicate"... and then I read your post!  

You look beautiful.  You are so sweet and pretty looking.  I love your eyes!  And I know you aren't looking for comments like those, but... it's just how I feel.  So there it is.

I don't think you look masculine at all, but I understand being tall makes it hard to feel feminine (I am 5' 10").  I know this isn't makeup, but for me, wearing very feminine clothing makes being tall easier.  Everything I wear is floral or lace.

As for your hair, what if you got a light perm?  Not the scary 1980's ones, but like, to put a little body into it?  I think the color is okay... Maybe if you could make it a bit richer with a honey type blonde.

For makeup, I would play up your eyes, for sure.  Use brown shades of shadow to really make the blue pop.  I would also use a highlighter on the inside corners of your eyes and the brow bone... It looks so dewy and definitely feminine.  I would try to achieve a doe-eyed kinda vibe, if that makes sense.

Good luck and good for you on following your heart!  Inspirational.

You are totally gorgeous! That last picture is definitely the best, and I like the hair color!

What does "hooded" mean when talking about eyes? Also I would like to add that I think you look like you were born female! You look great! Try to have some fun with makeup and see what you like

You look like one of my cousins--she was born a girl, and she is a blonde who wears her hair wavy. Tousled hair is way more flattering than pin-straight, IMO. I look loads better with softer hair, and with more volume. Less sporty clothes would work. Your face looks fine, I'd just soften the "frame" a bit.

I always think a little eyeliner and mascara, as well as blush on the apples of my cheeks helps me appear softer and more feminine--that might work for you, too. I use a BB cream, but you could also use tinted moisturizer to even things out and make a good base, without being too heavy.

I agree with earlier posts--you're very pretty, and pull it off extremely well already. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck!

I don't have any advice, as others appear to have more than covered anything I would have said. I just wanted to say that you're adorable and put my face to shame xD

Hey Keira, I agree with what everyone has said on how very attractive you are. But I am going to say you look hot. You definately don't need much to play up your features and I would only be adding to what has already been said.

I don't think you have any features that stand out as masculine to me. You are an attractive woman and shouldn't worry about not being so.

To poof yourself up I agree about the hair... a little darker or the strawberry blonde. You have cute freckles so the strawberry might give you that country girl look that is so pretty. If you are lucky enough to have long lashes, you have to draw attention to them... for the sake of the rest of us that have stubs haha. I think a medium mauvey-pink lipstick with some gloss over it might be really nice. It will pick up the color in your cheeks and gloss is so flirty and girly.

The suggestion for hot rollers is a good one too. A little bit of extra wave or volume makes me feel more feminine.

As for learning, I encourage you to look at the tutorial section of this site. There are some amazing looks with step by step pictures from some gorgeous people.

Latest posts

Back