Gift for friend becoming a makeup artist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a friend that is soon to graduate from a makeup artist school, and I want to make her something that will be useful to her in her new career.

I make things from leather, and was thinking of making a custom makeup case (small suitcase sized perhaps) to contain areas for canisters and such in the bottom, with a place for brushes inside the top (if laid flat opens up) and then a removable leather apron-like belt, which would pin in-place over the brushes inside the top, for brushes and what-not she would use while actively working.

I know absolutely nothing about the profession and have not told her about this as I want it to be a surprise. I have about 4 months to make it, so should have plenty of time. Anyway, I was hoping you folks could let me know if this is something that could be useful to her, and any ideas or tips on what to include in the "make-up" LOL, of the gift would be appreciated too.

My plan had been to make the case approximately 20" wide x 12" deep and 5" high.

Thanks for any help.

Claude

Gifting your friend who is becoming a makeup artist is a thoughtful gesture, and there are numerous options that would be both practical and highly appreciated. Consider a professional makeup kit, which would provide a comprehensive range of products such as foundations, eyeshadows, lipsticks, and brushes, ideally from brands renowned for their quality and pigmentation. Alternatively, a set of professional makeup brushes can be an excellent choice, offering a variety of brushes for different makeup applications. For those who value organization, a makeup organizer or a stylish, spacious makeup bag could be ideal, helping to keep their tools and products neatly arranged and easily accessible. Additionally, a gift card to a professional makeup store or an online makeup shop can give them the freedom to choose exactly what they need or desire. Lastly, consider educational resources like a subscription to an online makeup tutorial platform or a makeup artistry book, which can provide valuable insights and enhance their skills.

A makeup brush set or a high quality makeup palette with versatile colors would be an excellent gift. These tools are essential for practicing and mastering different makeup techniques. Alternatively, consider a gift card to a reputable makeup store or an online course in makeup artistry. Practical gifts like these not only support their career aspirations but also show your thoughtful consideration of their passion for makeup artistry.

Back