Favorite cleanser?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mslone45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have acne prone skin you should use "Cleanse" by aleavia, its the best make up remover for sensitive skin and its great for controlling acne, i actually use it to clean my face before i put on my make up so that i have a protective layer to protect my skin through the day, i just let it dry in so its on top of my skin.  I have been outbreak free now for a month.  I also use it at night to wash my makeup off lol.  
Where can you get that? I don't think I've seen it anywhere!

For gentle, super-effective cleansing, I LOVE Cleansing Oils. DHC, Dermalogica (Its called Precleanse, but I stopped using the second cleanser ages ago, because this is so amazing by itself), and Shu Uemura (Which I haven't tried yet, but its next on my list) make amazing cleansing oils. You massage them on dry, then add water - they emulsify (turn into a light, milky emulsion) and rinse off cleanly. Not only do they cleanse effectively, but your skin isn't left dry and tight, but softer and smoother for it. I find that with one of these, I generally don't need makeup remover. 

purity made simple, microdelivery both from philosophy and one from bare minerals isnt too bad either.  If you are looking for something gentle, go for purity! its really good and ive loved it for years!

I remember I used to use Purity made simple. It was excellent at taking off my makeup (mascara, too!) but I was horribly allergic to one of the ingredients in it. I used it for several months before I made the connection. I would break out several times a week with it. Well I moved on to Loreal 3 in 1 cleanser (the green one). It's so simple and it's pretty gentle. It's great for my oily skin because it cleans without drying out. I'm also using COALFACE from Lush. It's a charcoal based cleanser that totally removes oil from your face. It's not for everyone though. It can be superdrying but I haven't had that problem since my skin is an oil slick. It's been perfect when I use it every couple of days.

I remember I used to use Purity made simple. It was excellent at taking off my makeup (mascara, too!) but I was horribly allergic to one of the ingredients in it. I used it for several months before I made the connection. I would break out several times a week with it. Well I moved on to Loreal 3 in 1 cleanser (the green one). It's so simple and it's pretty gentle. It's great for my oily skin because it cleans without drying out. I'm also using COALFACE from Lush. It's a charcoal based cleanser that totally removes oil from your face. It's not for everyone though. It can be superdrying but I haven't had that problem since my skin is an oil slick. It's been perfect when I use it every couple of days.

Back