Eyelash curler MAJOR MALFUNCTION!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cablegiirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh really? I haven't heard of KGF, is it new? Is it sold anywhere locally or just on the internet? I'm a little leary of cosmetics only sold on the internet, unless I know a few people who recommend it. How long have you used it? Do you know anyone else who does?THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

I am a science major so prepare for ramble here, haha! KGF is a compound produced naturally by our bodies during wound healing. It is a "signal molecule" that scientists believe regulates hair growth. (Here's a link:Keratinocyte growth factor is an important endogenous mediator of hair follicle growth, development, and differentiation. Normalization of the nu/nu follicular differentiation defect and amelioration of chemotherapy-induced alopecia -- Danilenko et a)
If you want to buy something with KGF in it at a retail location, it is the active ingredient in some ReVive products ($600 for ONE OUNCE!!!!!). ReVive Intensite Volumizing Serum. I am not aware of any research that indicates KGF is dangerous and I doubt ReVive would be able to sell a $600 product to many people if it was. ReVive is just overcharging people for an ingredient that chemists can buy for cheap and that a person with training could make into an equally safe product.

As for the product I'm using, this is my 4th month with it and it is really working great for me. Noticeable results after about 2 weeks, dramatic results about a month and a half later. My mom uses it as well (Xmas gift, heh) but only on her eyebrows. It's working already. Skinactives only sells its stuff online but I have been using their products off and on for nearly a year and am really loving them. The owner is a biochemist (PhD, published all over the place) who has worked in the cosmetics industry and as a professor. I have done tons of my own research into things and recommend that you do, too! Not just on products you can only find online but also the ones being sold in stores. There is no guarantee that they are safe, either. Use your best judgement and don't use something you don't trust, definitely.

tl;dr haha

I sound like a nutjob/commercial testimonial here but I've been up all night with a crying baby
rotfl.gif
. I just get so mad when I see people paying ridiculous amounts of money for products full of filler and tiny amounts of good ingredients. This is why I have been making my own for so long. Good luck with your lashes, and whatever you choose to use on them I am sure they will grow back beautifully!

Latest posts

Back