Extremely oily skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gingergirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have very oily skin as well, and I used to use clinique and quit. I still have oily skin, but not as severe. If you change anything, quit using the toner...tons of alcohol and it causes your skin to produce more oil than ever! Seems opposite of what it should do, but I am a believer!
I have fairly oily skin and I stopped using my toner and it really did help.

I can't mask more than once a week, usually only once every two weeks since my face is sensitive. Instead of using scrubs you can also add a tablespoon of granulated sugar to your regular cleanser and it will exfoliate without purchasing extra products.

As a teenager I used to realllllly scrub my face too which only tears at your pores and completely strips all the oil off. I used toners. I figured getting rid of the oil was a good thing. The problem was I was going overboard. Once I started being more gentle with my skin and moisturizing with oil free face lotions I found a huge improvement. Everyone kept telling me to exfoliate more but it absolutely trashed my skin because it was so sensitive. We are all different but the one thing we have in common is the need for balance.

Apply lemon, tomato or cucumber juice for about 15 minutes on face daily
This recommendation scares me. For someone like me the lemon or tomato would leave my face very sore and raw. I could probably get away with cucumber.

Latest posts

Back