Do you think you are high maintenance?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it varies ... I really like to spend money on designer clothes, high-end make-up and accessories, so when it comes to shopping, yes, I definitely am. I like expensive things (what did lovely Carrie Bradshaw say: "I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet") ... Same goes for travelling - if I can't stay at a gorgeous hotel and indulge myself, I'd rather stay at home.

On the other hand, I don't like being served and could very well live without anyone taking any notice of me at all. And when I don't go out I don't dress up or anything, and I like being on my own. It probably sounds weird and ambivalent, but it goes up and down with my mood ...

I like being by myself sometimes so personality wise, no, I'm pretty low maintenance. But for my appearance I can be pretty high maintenance because I have high standards of how I want to look and feel bad if I'm having an ugly day.

I think I am high maintenance at times, I need to look groomed most of the time. Of course there are days and times when I just throw my hair up in a pony tail, no make up, t shirt and jeans. When I am out, usually I have an acceptable level of being groomed, which is minimal make up, decent hair and outfit. I think I can be a bit of a chameleon, depends on where I am and who I am with. High maintenance? Not most of the time. But hey my husband probably will say yes she is!!

i don't know if i'd call it high maintenance, but i do have some standards i set for myself.

i don't leave the house without being "presentable". that could mean full makeup and hair done, or sunscreen and a cute hat!

i spend loads of cash on products - skincare, haircare, makeup. i like looking like i tried to put myself together!

i love having someone pamper me because that's what i do for others. i take pride in making women feel beautiful and want them to know that they are special when they sit in my chair.

i feel like everyday in the monniej show! i like it when people compliment me on my hair, skin or makeup. i like it even better when they don't believe how old i am!

high maintenance? maybe, but i don't expect others to do for me what i should be doing for myself, so if i am then i'm the one paying! lmao~

I can say I am probably a bit high maintenance at times not overall...guess it would depend..I love shopping..cannot stop-make up, clothes, shoes, bags, perfume...I am a collector..but I love sales...and I often pay for my own stuff. I get my nails done every few weeks..my hair done when needed and I mystic tan often..but I kinda just think it's grooming to do these things..not so much high maintenance...what do I know..sig other would probably say I am way high maintenance...

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know what? Human beings in general are high maintainence.
Grooming yourself? Nah, that's called maintaining personal appearance.

As far as in a relationship, the SO cannot effectively offer what you don't already bring to the table. It's gotta go both ways. Expecting otherwise would probably be called "emotional attachment issues", not high maintainence.

Huh?

for sure I'm high maintenance!!! but not in a snobby way. Bruce knows that I need lots of bathroom time before we go out.......and he knows better than to touch my hair!!! our friends think I'm high maintenance too......but then again majority of the people I know put about 10% effort into their appearance and I put 110%!!!

as for emotionally high maintenance...........not at all......I have a very "whatever" laid back personality.

I kinda was until I had a child. Now I spend very little time on myself. Hopefully that will change one day.

I would call myself High Maintenance but not in a B*tchy way. I love get dressed up and look great even when I am alone. I can get crabby If I am rushed and don't have enough time to complete my routine.

But then again...I color my own hair, do my own mani-pedi's and use relatively inexpensive skincare.

I wouldn't say I am high maintenance 100 percent. Yes I do enjoy looking nice outwardly but I don't have a high maintenance attitude. I can easily go to the grocery store without makeup, ponytail and I feel just as comfortable wearing sweats around the house. I do my own manicures, pedicures but once in awhile I like to treat myself to professional service because it feels good to be pampered.

For my appearance I think I'm pretty low maintnance. I didn't really go out for a year, so almost everytime I do go out now, I get dressed up or at least do my makeup as best I can. I usually wear cute clothes, but wear flip flops. But people see me one day with heels and think I'm high maint. but whatev. Life is short, so I'm not too worried about mani/pedi's and perfect highlights but also, I don't wanna look like crap while I'm still living.

As for living in general...I HAVE to brush my teeth every morning and night and I freak out if I don't have a toothbrush around. I will go to every 7-11 or Am Pm til I find one! I have to shower everyday, my husband would get mad when he took me camping cause I'm so difficult and cranky. And I have wash my hands before I eat, even while camping, that's more of an OCD thing though. I always need a mirror around, mostly for comfort. Just to make sure I don't have anything in my teeth or nose or smeared eyeliner on my face.

Latest posts

Back