Covering Redness on Cheeks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Zofia /img/forum/go_quote.gif for a green concealer try What Red? by Pure Luxe. I also use a warmer, more yellow foundation to cover my redness. My skintone is rosy-peachy so I just try to tone down the pink nuance with a yellowish tone. I've had very red rosy cheeks since I was a child. I've tried several different green concealers and agree that a light dusting of Pure Luxe What Red? works better than anything else I've ever tried. I tried their What Red? Eraser, but it didn't seem to do as good a job as the powdered What Red? corrector. I don't have good luck with yellow tinted foundations, as they just don't look good on me, but I do like Pure Luxe's yellow corrector under my eyes for dark circles. Chris at Pure Luxe mixed up a batch of foundation for me that's 80% Fawn Beige and 20% Buff that works well to help even my skin tone out.

I've read on the Meow forum to use yellow foundation underneath your regural foundation to cover the redness.

The green concealer is working well but not well enough. So I used the yellow concearler from Meow on my entire face. I have to admit it works much better than green concealer.

My face looked flawless, no redness was visable.

yellow foundations make me look sick, so i don't use them. but since my redness is mostly due to my skin being very sensitive, especially during winter, i've bought a specific moisturizer for sensitive skins, and i do think it helps.

Using a flocked sponge to apply your MMU can also help cover redness. It basically just gives you a heavier coverage. I use Lumiere Cashmere, and it covers my redness really well. I have a really ruddy face (ugh), and Lumiere, UGloGirl, and Mineral Basics have been the foundations that have given me the best coverage, without making me feel like I'm too made up.

Latest posts

Back