Clarisonic & Skin Care Routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BisousDarling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad to hear that the Clarisonic is working well for you! I got into such a routine from combating acne, that I didn't even realize that I didn't really need it anymore and it was actually contributing to acne. I have combination skin in the sense that my t-zone is wildly oily and my other areas are just normal, sometimes a bit dry. I cleanse each night with a makeup removing towelette and then use Cetaphil for Normal to Oily Skin with my Clarisonic. I apply Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel each night and I use the gel rather than the lotion since my skin gets so oily in the t-zone region. Each morning, I wash my face with Korres Wild Rose Brightening Cleanser which has tiny exfoliating.... chunks in it. The exfoliants aren't harsh in that at all and it's a creamy cleanser that I like quite a bit. I then apply the Clinique moisturizer OR if it's really cold and dry, Embryolisse's cream. I have pretty much completely stopped using any "acne" product and my skin is much happier. I still get a break out every now and then, but it's one or two zits and they heal quickly on their own. I notice that I tend to break out when I skip washing my face because I've passed out in front of the TV and wake up at 5 in the morning and go to bed 
biggrin.gif

I bought the Shea Terra African Black Soap, but I've yet to use it. I really need to though because I've heard that it works miracles on black heads.
 Yes I've heard the same about Shea Terra African Black Soap - let me know how it works for me! I've been interested in trying it as well.

I also love what the DDF Brightening Cleanser tgooberbutt mentioned does to my skin. I have a fake Clarisonic (Olay) but even that definitely helps so much more than just my hands or anything manual. DDF does make a cleanser for sensitive skin specifically but I have never tried it. I also think that exfoliating a few times a week at least has really helped me. I want to try more peels. My DDF-Cleanser-using face sort of laughed at the Juice Beauty sensitive peel, but if your skin really is sensitive you might find it nice and it's organic. They do have a try-it size.

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you everyone for such great replies! 

So I went ahead and bought the Clarisonic Mia 2. I figured I'd try it, if I didn't like I could return it. So far, it's been great!! I was really worried about purging, but so far (its been 3 weeks) my face has been great! I remove my make-up with a towelette first, and then use the clarisonic. I've been using it morning and nightly. I tried the stuff that came with it - nice lather, but felt like it was drying my face a bit. I've also been trying Purity and then I use the Josie Maran Argan Oil that I received in Ipsy.

My face has never looked better! I've probably had ONE zit - and it has gone away within 1-2 days. My acne scars look better too.
Congrats! I'm glad it is working out for you. It really has made a difference for me too.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would try a salicylic acid peel of some sort - only you would be able to judge what strength you would need. I tried the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha/Beta (extra strength) peels before I got the 30% acid, and the Dennis Gross pads worked well - but they're super-pricy...so I'm trying to ween myself off of those.

The BHA9% really only helped my to get rid of the raised, healed-over bumps that I had...it helped dry out and loosen the dry, woodsy patches of skin after blemished healed. It didn't do anything for my post-acne hyperpigmentation. 
Yup, I've been looking into those combo BHA/AHA treatments, I think Peter Thomas Ross has them too.  I'm slowly working AHA into my routine to see if that makes any difference.  I've been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA and also a benzoyl peroxide 2.5%  twice daily, which seemed to help initially but for some reason my skin has just gone crazy with the erupting clogged pores these last few months.  Anyways, I guess I'll search around for the salicylic acid peels, maybe if nothing improves in a month or so I'll give them a whirl.  

Latest posts

Back